Tuesday, May 01, 2007

D.C. Travel Tips -- Beware of the Tweenager!

Well, after getting an email from my boss who is also out of down, I found what he did quite clever. Why not send people an email about your trip for your own archival (my blog) purposes. So in all my adventuring here are my top ten lessons from the trip.

10. Those Terrific Tweenagers -- Little did we know that the last weekend in April is Jr. High aka Middle school spring break here, and they're everywhere in all their energetic awkwardity.

9. Double Crosses? Those sneaky free-masons laid out D.C. in 2 crosses1. Transept: Capitol & Lincoln Memorial, Naive: White house & Jefferson Memorial--and the second Transept: is WWII memorial and Lincoln memorial, Naive: Vietnam and Korea memorials. Conspiracy or Coincidence? Next on the History Channel

8. Why walk when you can drive and walk: My parents are insistent on the efficiency of driving one mile parking and walking a half mile to taking the metro and walking a few blocks, which is fine I like to walk.

7. The Apple Store -- That was the best marking "experience" ever. They seem to whisk you into to geekhood in the most cool way ever.

6. Real Barrel Roll -- My dad and I had a blast in the somewhat real flight figheter simulators with spinning upside-down and everything -- definitely worth it!

5. Join Intramurals at GW! This is great. All the intramural teams play on the mall lawns. Softball, Ultimate, Football, although I think homeruns could really hurt someone : O (FORE!)

4. GPS Car Navigation -- If you have a car -rent one--nothing like the soft soothing voice telling you, 'exit right, right now. And my personal fav--recalcuating (you just missed your turn).

3. Pack a Jacket and Slacks for Dignitaries -- I typically error on the side of casual and I now have a new sport coat, slacks and shoes to show for it.

2. Don't trust that someone 'got your stuff' -- So we moved rooms today and while I was eating food, my mom brought my stuff down, she just didn't see my iPod on the floor by my bed, and I forgot about it until we left. Luckily it's in the safe and I get it tomorrow.

1. It's all about good politics -- It just so happens that I ran into a friend today I hadn't seen for about 7 years. It’s a great thing we were still friends because that could of made for a very awkward afternoon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home